City Girl

Happy Monday!!






Feliz Lunes!!











Chicago is one of my favorite cities specially in the summer time!  It's got great restaurants, shopping, running paths, the beach area, museums, sports.....honestly if it weren't so brutally cold in the winter time, I think we would have already moved there.  We spent half of the week there, we normally stay where all the shopping and restaurants are because we can walk everywhere we need to go.  I love getting up in the mornings and go for a run and then grab some breakfast before we hit Michigan Avenue for some retail shopping :)  My favorite breakfast place is Le Pain Quotidien, it's got a lot of organic and healthy options including Almond Milk.  Todd and I drink Almond milk and it's very hard for us to find places that offer this when ordering a latte so we love the fact that Le Pain Quotidien has this option in their menu.  Another favorite of ours is a French Vietnamiese restaurant called Le Colonial.  If you follow me on Instagram you probably know this ( I posted a picture of Ashton and I there ), Todd and I enjoy trying different types of food, specially ones that have a lot of flavor, spices and come from different parts of the world.  This restaurant is delicious!  We always make sure to stop there at some point during our stay. Another favorite is Lou Malnati's Pizzeria, which is famous for their Chicago-style pizza.  If you are a pizza lover it will not disappoint and you will leave pretty full.  
Finally we did some shopping and two of my favorites places to go to are Bloomingdale's and Zara.  Bloomingdale's has the best sales and deals all the time, we always find great stuff when we go there, plus they have a great selection of brands to satisfy every budget.  I found a pair of wedges I had been wanting for a while at 40% off just because it was the last pair available in the store and I was lucky enough to find them in my size!!  That NEVER happens!  So you can imagine my excitement!  My love for Zara comes from the fact that it's a trendy and affordable store.  They have cute, fashionable and great quality things at an affordable price, which makes everything worth it.  You don't feel like you had to break the bank to buy something that you might not use next year because it will no longer be as trendy.  They also had their yearly sale so their prices were extremely good, the down side is that most of the stuff in my size was already gone. :(  However, Ashton lucked out because they had some really cute things for him and if you haven't checked out their baby clothes, you have to....it's soo cute!

Chicago is definitely a beautiful charming city and we are so lucky we get to go there at least twice a year.

Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today and taking the time to read this post.  As always I appreciate you so much and look forward to sharing this space with you.  Let me know what is your favorite thing to do in Chicago?  Any suggestions on restaurants for when we are there next time?

Xo, VB

Outfit:
Detalles:

Dress :: Anthropologie ( on sale!! )
Sandals :: BCBGeneration ( sold out, very similar style here and on sale!! )
Handbag :: Marc Jacobs ( sold out )
Accessories :: Rag & Bone fedora, Tom Ford  sunglasses via Nordstrom, Stella & Dot earrings and La Prairie lipstick in 'Almost Pink' via Neiman Marcus



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bold and Bright

A Romance with Lace

A Summer Basic :: Plus 5 Bomber Jackets I'm Currently Loving