Make Up Essentials for Spring

Happy Friday!!

Hope everyone had a great week!  I wanted to do a post on a couple tips and beauty essentials that I use on a daily basis.  I would call these my beauty must haves for the spring!  I have been asked what I use and what products give me a glow.  So, I have put together my routine, I mainly do this on the weekend because I get up super early for work that I only do Steps 1 and 2 for work.

First Step, after cleansing my face,  I use a moisturizer and sun screen.  I normally use Neutrogena face sun screen, it works well for my skin and I use 100%SPF ( trying not to get wrinkles :) ).

Step 2:  I apply a BB Cream, I don't use foundation on a daily basis, just when I'm going out at night or when I feel I need extra coverage.  After trying several BB Creams, the one from La Mer works great for me. and I like that it's not very oily.  I use light medium because i wear it year round and during the winter months this one is very close to my skin tone.


La Mer



Giorgio Armani Sun Fabric




Step 3: After applying my eye shadow, I use Giorgio Armani Fabric Powder Blush number 100.  It very light and not to heavy where I feel my cheeks look like I just got done running for half an hour.



Step 4:  My eyelashes are not very long and full so I have been using an eyelash plumb for a couple years now and my favorite one is Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum. It enhances my lashes and once I apply this I immediately apply mascara.

Diorshow Maximizer







Steps 5 & 6:  I apply lipstick and lip gloss.  I like neutral warm colors.  Most of the time I go for the natural tones.  Once that will make your make up look light and fresh.  I have tried so many brands through the years, I'm honestly a lipstick and lip gloss junkie.  The one I'm crushing over right now for this spring and summer is NARS Honolulu Honey Lipstick and NARS Springbreak Lipstick



Honolulu Honey





Springbreak



Step 7:  To finish off my routine I apply a little bit of shimmer, this is what I call it my "glow".  I have oily skin so I just apply a little bit over my bronzer and it gives my cheeks a little extra touch of sparkle.  I use the Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick Compact.  Which let me just say it lasts forever and I occasionally use it as eye shadow as well. 

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Beige Brick Compact

I hope you have enjoyed reading this post today!  Please let me know your thoughts and if you have any questions on the products or the application of each one.  I would love for you to share your make up tips as well.

Have a great weekend!

These products can be found at any department store like Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus or Sephora.  Below each picture is a link to where they can be purchased as a reference on price and location.

Xo,  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bold and Bright

A Romance with Lace

A Summer Basic :: Plus 5 Bomber Jackets I'm Currently Loving