Pre Fall :: Crisscross Style











Happy Tuesday guys!  I'm finally getting around to writing a new blog post and sharing an update on my pregnancy and how we found out we were pregnant.  It's so interesting to me how different this second pregnancy has been, compared to my first pregnancy.  With Ashton, I never got sick, felt nauseous, was as tired as I have been this second time around, have any cravings, or felt disgusted by anything.  However, this pregnancy has been the total opposite, which caught me completely off guard. So far, I have been grossed out by salmon, coffee (occasionally, now that I'm in my second trimester it's been so much better), and even flat bread. On the positive side, I have been obsessed with tomatoes, apples, mangos, and during the first couple weeks when I was nauseous all day, all I wanted was carbs. 

We had been trying for four months before we found out we were pregnant, unlike, with Ashton when we got pregnant on our first try. I was so upset when the fourth month came around and I got my period.....I seriously thought I'm never going to get pregnant!  Little did I know, I was already pregnant!  As it turned out, I was in a normal period cycle, but then kept spotting and thought that was odd, because I had never spotted before and figured it was because I was still nursing Ashton.  Therefore, I called the doctor and the nurse asked me if I had taken a pregnancy test and my response was, "No, I just had my period".  The nurse let me know that I could still be pregnant and set up an appointment for me to come in the next day.  At this point, I was curious and ran to the pharmacy to buy a pregnancy test because I had to know!  I peed on the stick and those 5 minutes seemed to last forever.  Once I saw the results, I was convinced that I now needed to break the news to Todd.  It happened to be out anniversary weekend when we found out and I thought it was only appropriate that I wait until the next day when we were going out for dinner to celebrate.  I also wanted to confirm with my doctor that there was a pregnancy, since my symptoms had been so different.  Once the doctor confirmed that I was 5 weeks pregnant, I came home and told Todd, and of course, we were so excited to know that Ashton would have someone to create memories with.  I always think that someday when both Todd and I are no longer around, our babies will have each other to lean on and remember us.  It might sound a little morbid to talk about death, however, having lost my father at a young age, I'm so grateful that I have my sister.  We share memories of our father and what he meant to each one of us, and it always makes us feel close to him.

Im now 16 weeks pregnant and feeling like time is flying by! I'm excited, nervous, and can't wait to meet this little angel of mine.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post and visiting the blog.  I always love hearing from you and if you have any tips for this soon to be mom of two boys, I would greatly appreciate it!  I'm working on another post where I will be sharing how I felt my first trimester....so stay tuned for that!

Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Xo, VB

Outfit ::Jacket :: H&M ( last season, loving this one this year )
Top :: BCBGMaxazria ( super old, similar style here )
Pants :: LPA
Booties :: Zara ( super old, very similar style here and under $40!)
Handbag :: Rebecca Minkoff
Accessories :: Stella & Dot earrings and cuff , David Yurman ring, 'Bois De Rose' lip definer by Chanel and 'Boy Gorgeous' lipstick by Marc Jacobs











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bold and Bright

A Romance with Lace

A Summer Basic :: Plus 5 Bomber Jackets I'm Currently Loving