My Pregnancy Journey




Happy Monday, friends!!
I'm officially 39 and a half weeks pregnant and after seeing my doctor this past week, I know I will not be making it to the 40 week mark.  Knowing that this would be my last pregnancy has made this experience that much more special and emotional. Both of my pregnancies have been very easy and I'm so grateful for that. However, this second time around, it is so true what they say....your body knows what it's doing and it starts adjusting very early on. You do show early, your belly seems to pop sooner than the first time, you feel baby kicking and moving weeks before you did with your first one, and you don't realize how fast it goes until you are close to your due date because you have been so busy chasing your first one around.

The last couple months were pretty tiring and emotional for me because I couldn't help but think about how a new baby would change the relationship that Ashton and I have.  If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen that I shared several posts about this emotional time and the roller coaster of emotions I would go through weekly.  Now toward the end of this pregnancy, I can say I've been reassured by fellow mommy friends and my own family that it's all normal and many moms go through it with their second pregnancy.  You spend so much time nurturing and loving on your first born, that it's inevitable to feel anxious and scared, for lack of a better word, to the changes a new baby will bring.  If there is any advice I could give any future moms that are expecting their second baby, is be kind to yourself!!  Feeling guilt is inevitable and we can be so hard on ourselves, which makes this time even more emotional. Be assured and know that you are creating a life, you are giving your first born a gift, the gift of family,and someone they will grow up with, create and share memories with, and share their life experiences.  I know while you are going through that moment it's easier said than done, however, as a mom, it's those moments we live for. Your children will play with one another, laugh with each other and grow up to be the best of friends.

I feel extremely blessed and lucky to have been able to carry both of my babies and to have had a great experience with both pregnancies.  I know that is unfortunately not the case for many women, and all the more reason why being able to share this journey, my experiences, and this blog post, is so special to me.  I feel that regardless of how we all become mommies, we share the bond of motherhood and there is nothing more rewarding and life changing than being able to feel unconditional love and find a new purpose in life.  It is true when they say, the days are long, but the years are short....and boy they do go fast!!!  

I hope you have enjoyed reading this post and cheers to all of us mommies who would do anything to see our babies happy and live every day for those hugs and kisses coming from our little ones.

Xo, VB















Comments

  1. This info is worth everyone's attention. How can I find out more?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bold and Bright

A Romance with Lace

A Summer Basic :: Plus 5 Bomber Jackets I'm Currently Loving